Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Looking to file emergency motion with the court as it has

Customer Question

Looking to file emergency motion with the court as it has come to light that not only did the ex fiancé violate the court order by fleeing the state with the child. She is living with people with criminal records. Ie. Battery, DWI, Providing Alcohol to Minors, Larceny and Resisiting Arrest. She is also claiming she is on WIC and food stamps is this enough to warrant grounds for a emergency motion of custody change? I want to enact this before I have to give the child back now that I know she is out of state. I plan on providing the arrest records of the people she is living with. As well as contempt orders for removing the child from the state, failure to provide notice of a move and failure to provide discovery of evidence. The child is being out at risk in this unfamiliar environment.Are these grounds to warrant an emergency motion?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
they are and the steps that you are planning to take for the child's safety are very prudent. Best wishes, Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.