Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

On the week my common law wife's hospice week we requested a

Customer Question

on the week my common law wife's hospice week we requested a marriage from a chaplain, the chaplain did perform the ceremony,9 days later my common law wife pass away, a week later I request an affidavit of marriage, and i was denied the request,the chaplain said we did not file a marriage license,can I sue the chaplain for neglecting to give us a proper advice? my common law is going to be awarded workers comp and I might lose the claim.please help what should I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. I am sorry to hear of your loss. Can you tell me what state this is, please?