JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

This concerns a divorce decree in Arkansas signed by judge

Customer Question

This concerns a divorce decree in Arkansas signed by judge on Mar. 7th, 2016. My question; what is the timeline for husband to satisfy the financial obligations? Can he make small installments for several months/years? He owes me 1/2 the equity in assets and need the $$ now.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. In a divorce in Arkansas the only timelines for the satisfaction of financial obligations are those set by the order itself. If the order doesn't give a specific time then there is no one and the person can make payments as they see fit.In a case like that you may want to consider getting your lawyer to file to go back to court and have the judge address the issue and set the specific times by which everything must be paid.