Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

How does a citizen bring complaint against the Indiana Child

Customer Question

How does a citizen bring complaint against the Indiana Child Protective Services Director/ agency for violating a child's civil rights by denying her ANY legal representation in an exhaustive 3 year ordeal, wrongly prohibiting her placement with her innocent mom while trying to put her back into the custody of her abusive father, and for their horrendous wrongs to this child in violating consistently their own CPS investigation determinaiton, policies, and for seeking to intimidate into silence and by slander those who dare to question them?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
11:23.....I have to leave right now, unexpectedly. Will be back in a few hours. I await your GREAT answer then!!!! :<)
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A citizen cannot bring a complaint pro se in court against them, which is where the case would have to be filed. You would have to obtain an attorney to represent the child and file a civil rights violation suit in court for denial of due process. As a parent if your rights were infringed without a clear and convincing showing of you being unfit, then you could file your own civil rights suit on your own behalf only since the US Supreme Court has stated that the rights of a parent to raise their child is a fundamental right (basic civil right) that shall not be interfered with absent a showing the parent is unfit by clear and convincing evidence. See: Troxel v. Granville, 530 U.S. 57 (2000).
If you want to bring suit on behalf of the child, you would need to engage a local civil rights attorney to file suit against the department and their director and the social workers personally who were involved in the violation of the child's rights.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
P.S. Please know after a thorough investigation CPS Laporte removed EC from her abusive father as she was an endangerment to herself/ contemplating suicide AND immediately placed her with her most honorable mom/ a public school teacher who has NEVER done her any harm, and who EC has longed to live with since she was wrongly removed at age 12 months to her father who had threatened her life and her moms before she was born! BUT then when CPS ST. Joseph took over the case they did not support the Laporte CPS decision!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will correct payment error when I return. PLEASE get back to me!!!
Thank you for your reply.
You would need to get an attorney to represent the child's interests to pursue the violation of her civil rights and the emotional and physical harm this caused her.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you for your reply.
Phone service is a premium service and a request will be sent to you.