RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I moved two NM from FL two months ago and had my baby two

Customer Question

I moved two NM from FL two months ago and had my baby two weeks ago now dad left me can I move back to FL with my baby without his permission
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. Absolutely there are no custody or support orders.You would want to move now before anything gets filed.As a single mom you are free to move anywhere you want without restrictions.The father only has potential rights and would have to come to Florida then to assert them. I would file with the Florida AG Child support once you get relocated to get support started here. You can sign up with them once relocated. Congrats on the baby and the move back to Florida, you will be fine to do so.Thanks again.