LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

In the state of Oregon can do 17year-old girl and an

Customer Question

In the state of Oregon can do 17year-old girl and an 18-year-old boy have sex without getting in trouble with the law. The girls folks do not like him and she fears them even knowing they are dating. His parents are illegal as well and he is afraid the girls parent could cause problems for his parents.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. The age of consent in Oregon for sex is 18. While there is a defense that can be used at trial if the person charged with a crime is less than 3 years older than the victim, that defense applies to people under the age of 18 only, and so the boy could get charged with statutory rape in the scenario that you paint. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug