LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Why the lawyer of my child father asking tax paper and my

Customer Question

Why the lawyer of my child father asking for my tax paper and my banks credit cars acct if I'm only going for child support
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. The attorney asked for all this information because a child support order is based on the income and expenses of each parent. The attorney for your child's father is trying to determine what your income and expenses are. It is common that you must turn over your tax return. However, you can require that they subpoena your bank if they want your credit card transactions as that is not proof of income and you can object to turning over credit card information. It is common however, for your bank records to be subpoenaed too in order to verify the income that you have coming in and deposited into your bank account. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug