Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

I have been taking care of niece past 5 years living with me

Customer Question

Hi i have been taking care of niece for the past 5 years living with me and i am currently 30 weeks pregnant
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: My landlord is going to evict us however the housing department won't consider my niece as she is 20 now
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: They asked me to provide a legal guardianship document but as I said she is 20 is there any way to get it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

No. Once the person turns 18, the person is considered a legal adult (unless declared by the court legally incompetent) and would not be subject to any type of legal guardianship by another adult.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you.