Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am legal guardian to my 2 girls and they were removed of

Customer Question

Good Afternoon,
I am legal guardian to my 2 girls and they were removed for allegation of child abuse.
I was told by the case worker that they were removed for this allegation and so that services could be further sought for the minor with anger issues. She has a history of hitting me, the adult in the home. Arrested in May 2015 and numerous contact with the police for her behavior. She is being treated for mood disorder.
The story is forever changing as to how long a removal.
I have court tomorrow and I will submit for a court appointed attorney. Does the judge just make the decision to continue to another date?
Do guardianship funds stop during temporary custody?
Regards, D
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again.

Is the hearing for a criminal matter (i.e., the abuse), or is it for the guardianship issue?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. That attorney that was working with you opted out and decided not to continue to assist you. It appears that your question was for a court date today, however, the attorney opted out a couple of minutes ago so we were unaware of your question. I see your question logged as 23 May 2016, 7:16 PM

The opt out is logged at 26 May 2016, 3:39 PM

I need a little clarification with regard to the court date tomorrow.

Good Afternoon,
They removed from you or someone else for child abuse allegations?

Is this a guardianship hearing? Is the birth mother trying to reclaim her parental custodial rights? I am not understanding what the court date is with regard to?