Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

State is raising child support, ex hired lawyer to stop it.

Customer Question

State is raising child support, ex hired lawyer to stop it. Can he win even though state says he should pay?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Yes, the state might have a defined child support computation but the court can always make an individual determination. The attorney could win as the court makes determinations for individual circumstances but the state computations are normally relied on heavily by the courts. Can he win? Maybe, but if you already have a decision to raise child support, it is probably not great odds for the ex to win but it depends on the certain situation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or number from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?