Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A woman has two arrests of family violence with the same man

Customer Question

A woman has two arrests of family violence with the same man which both were self defense . Her child's Daddy ( not the same man) has got a temp. court order for custody of their 8 year old daughter, which before she had physical custody. She has always been a good Mother and takes very good care of her Daughter. Her Daughter was not with her at either time of dispute. Is it likely she will get full custody back ? She now only has visitation with one of her parents present. This happened in the state of Georgia.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. In order to modify or change the current custody order, them must be a material change in circumstances that would justify a request. Do you know of any such change?