Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My granddaughter got into my iphone and took pictures of my

Customer Question

My granddaughter got into my iphone and took pictures of my text messages, then showed them to someone else. Is this illegal?
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My granddaughter took my phone into the bathroom, of which I was unaware. I didn't know it at the time, but i have since been made aware that she copied the texts and shared them with more than one person.
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: She also recorded conversations between me and her in my home without my knowledge. She shared part of a conversation with a third party who posted it on her Facebook page. This third party lives in a different state. She also posted comments which were disparaging to mine, my daughter's and my husband's reputations.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What state are you in?