Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

I am legally married to my wife. We were married in Arkansas

Customer Question

I am legally married to my wife. We were married in Arkansas and now live in Mississippi. We have a two year old son together. We currently live in separate places. My wife has a "boyfriend" living with her but he is not on the lease. What can I do to stop this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.. My wife has a "boyfriend" living with her but he is not on the lease. What can I do to stop this?.About the only thing that you can do is file a private criminal complaint against her for adultery, which is illegal in MS. Under MS Code § 97-29-1. it states:.If any man and woman shall unlawfully cohabit, whether in adultery or fornication, they shall be fined in any sum not more than five hundred dollars each, and imprisoned in the county jail not more than six months; and it shall not be necessary, to constitute the offense, that the parties shall dwell together publicly as husband and wife, but it may be proved by circumstances which show habitual sexual intercourse..The problem I see that you might run into is getting a DA to actually prosecute the case as this may not place very high on their priority list of crimes to go after. However, the DA has a legal duty to prosecute criminal activity once they are aware of it, so you could cause a lot of embarrassment for the DA if he refused to prosecute and you went to the local media telling them that the DA is refusing to do his sworn duty. ..thanksBarrister