Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

I live in TX. wife's lawyer filed a pet and asked orders

Customer Question

I live in TX. wife's lawyer filed a pet for divorce and asked for temporary orders for child support and custody
i answered with general denial. then went to law library and wrote up a counter claim asking for temporary orders for custody and ch support
do i need to file anything else?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. You have done everything you need to do at this point. You filed an answer that lets the court know that you are actively participating in the case and may contest the terms of the divorce. Your counter claim then allows you to assert claims against your soon to be ex and ask for child support and custody.See link for an explanation of all the steps of the divorce: Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or number from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?