Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Wife/s lawyer filed a petition and request orders and child

Customer Question

wife/s lawyer filed a petition for divorce and request for temporary orders for custody and child support payments. I filed a general denial. then, i filed an amended answer claiming adultery on her part and i asked for temporary orders for me to be given temporary custody. do i need to file anything else
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texis
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. i went to the law library and got forms from there
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: no, i don 't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Did you respond to the request for temporary orders as well in the response to the divorce petition?