Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

My son's term life insurance policy was cashed out by the

Customer Question

My son's term life insurance policy was cashed out by the insurance company to someone other than him, the policy owner. The insurance company said they paid out the policy but will not tell us to who and what documentation they had on hand to allow the cash out. Any legal remedies?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.He can file a complaint with the California Dept of Insurance. See the following link:http://www.insurance.ca.gov/01-consumers/101-help/They will investigate and take action, if appropriate.Additionally, an insurance policy is, in essence, a contract, as any other. If the terms of the policy were violated by the issuing company he can sue for breach and be awarded damages if he prevails.