Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My stepson has been withhealed from us by cps days now. Cps

Customer Question

My stepson has been withhealed from us by cps for 20 days now. Cps haz not told us much... We have seen a paper saying there are allafations that my 5 yr old son has improperly touched my 2 yr old stepson who is now removed from the house. We can not have contact according to this paper.... 2 weeks after this happened I called cps to ask about the investigation since no one has contacted me or my son. In the new safty plan my son is not mentioned but my stepsons father is... Stepson in the care of his mother's father his mother is in jail but cps communicates with her about max but not us.... What do we do? How do we get our max back?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues, employment and contract law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. Oh, at the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you today. Thanks! Please note: I want to help you but I may need some additional information from you. I'm sorry this is going on. Dealing with CPS is awful. I need to be absolutely clear about this --what is the stepson's name and what is your 5 year old's name? Are any of the children with you? Who is with CPS? Thanks!
The stepson is Max and he's the child you want to get back?Where is the 5 year old?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Max is my stepson he is in cps custody.... But its volenterry by his mom whos in jail. My son is 5 he and my other kids r with me
Okay, so then CPS is worried about having Max in your home with your 5 yo. But when you say voluntary, CPS took Max and it's part of CPS's safety plan, correct? And he has to stay with the grandfather because the mother is in jail.