FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

What can i do if i think the judge is partial to one party.I

Customer Question

Hi,what can i do if i think the judge is partial to one party.I am in a civil case witj my daughters mother.The judge had us both bring in receipts from daycare. Hers wss accepted ad proog where mines was rejected because i had paid cash. He wanted to know where i got the money from.He didnt ask me if i worked.I have a reputable honest job and work everyday.He also wants me to take my 83 year old grandmther with me when i take my daughter out,thats to school or any where else .Could you tell me wjat to do because i believe her lawyer and the judge are in cahoots or he just has something against me.I dont know what it could be.He actually made me bring the ditrcyot of scjool so he could see het face to makr sure she wasn't. Lying.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear about what you are dealing with and I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, you can file a motion with the court, asking the Judge to recuse themselves. The purpose of this is to disqualify or remove oneself as a judge over a particular proceeding because of one's conflict of interest. You would need to show that the Judge is unable to be fair or impartial and as a result, should step down.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You say i can file a petetion with the court asking the judge to recuse.What if he doesn't do this whats my next option.Is there any way i can find out iflawyer and judge have similar interest or she and judge have similar interest. Shes in the health field.she could of be his healyh providerAnd also could i request another family member whose younger to be with me anf my daughter?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've been accused of being on drugs,i was made to do a test for drugs with my hair.the test was neg,but it was thrown out because i didnt sign my name with junior,and they said it was my fathers h s it sample.I have never digned my name with junior!
Allow me a moment
If the Judge denies your motion, you can contact and file a complaint with the Chief Judge and see if they will step in and re-assign the matter. Of course, you can always appeal the Judges rulings BUT need evidence to show and support the claim that they know each other and are in cahoots.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help, so please just let me know.