Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How long do you need to be married before spouse has a right

Customer Question

How long do you need to be married before spouse has a right to your pension. we were married only 13 months and he feels he should be eligible for my pension. This is not a palimony state so even though we have lived together for 9 years and I put my heart and money into that house I am eligible for nothing?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. Can you tell me, what state is this in please?