Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

Three siblings are beneficiaries of a trust , one sibling

Customer Question

hello three siblings are beneficiaries of a trust , one sibling was asked to be the trustee all was going good until other two siblings were denied how money is being spent and found out some was loaned out. I inquired to trustee lawyer and he says he will look into how trust was set up. Isn,t there some kind of general code on information for everybody. I am being denied by trustee on how money is being spent. I don't like it , I trusted
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Do you have a copy of the trust?.Is the grantor (maker) still living?.If not, how long ago did they pass away?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don't have a copy of trust Called lawyer and he said he will look into what trust says , as a beneficiary to see where money is going our how much is left. mom is still living 94 yrs.
Ok, if mother is the maker of the trust, the unless it was initially set up as an "irrevocable" trust, (meaning it can never be changed) then the beneficiaries don't have any legal right to information about the trust until mother passes and it becomes irrevocable..So revocable....beneficiaries can't legally get info. Irrevocable...they have a legal right to a copy, an inventory, and an accounting annually of any money that comes in or goes out of the trust..With that said, you need to find out which type of trust it is so you know your legal standing...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I asked this from the lawyer and he seems to delay my request. I hope to hear from him on monday if i can i will let you know I am glad that at a time i can see where the money went and that is after my mother passes thank you i appreciate this
You are very welcome. Once you hear back from the attorney, check back in with me and we can figure out which way to go with this....thanksBarrister