Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

I need legal assistance and information regarding Cal.

Customer Question

I need legal assistance and information regarding Cal. family law form that can I file to end my divorce's joinder of employment benefit plan and order that suppose to be a community property which ex and deceased wife illegally transfer to our son. Because our is seriously in need of his mother retirement money for education and legal issue. Please advice.
Thanks.
KS
Hayward, Ca
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 6 months ago.
Was your divorce pending or complete when your wife died?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did Bi-furcation divorce, where I first got Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage. We are about to finalize separation/division of community property when she died. I do not want to do any probate because it expensive, time consuming and we have nothing to probate than release of our individual retirement benefits.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is reply to my answer.
I apologize for the delay. You could use a Request for Order to ask that the pension plan be unjoined as a party given your ex-wife's demise. You would use the "Other" option instead of the custody, visitation, support or property options. However, the Court may refuse to do so because it may determine that your ex-wife's proceeds must be probated to her heirs. Does this answer your question?