Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My granddaughter needs help and everyone is pushing her

Customer Question

My granddaughter needs help and everyone is pushing her away. She has no money for one two she lives in Missouri, but her child was taken away by a family member there in Texas, refused to give back. She has been trying to get help no will help her. Noe the child is a citizen of Texas so that means she needs someone there. Can you please help? Are there any lawyers that do pro bono cases? It is a shame that just because you are poor that anyone can take your child.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.1. Which family member took your great grandchild from your granddaughter? 2. How did they even get custody? Did they come to MO and steal the child?3. Did a court grant the family member legal custody of the child?4. When was the child taken?5. How long has the child been in Texas?Thanks in advance,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.Doug