Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Temporary hearing last week ex fiancé showed that she had

Customer Question

Temporary hearing last week ex fiancé showed that she had removed the child from GA and moved TN to now being in ID. She clearly did so violating the court order though the judge didn't make any decisions u til after the GAL was assigned. The 14 month child has always lived in the same house in GA and was provided daycare by her paternal grandparents M-F 7am-5pm. The mother left a job making $80k a year here in GA to move to ID and now claims she cannot make anything but minimum wage or something below $40k. Right now I only get my daughter for a week out of the month for which I have to pay for the plane ticket up and back to ID.Will the GAL see this as not in the best interest of the child? Can she make recommendations or motions to bring the child back to the state of GA to the judge?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
What is her reason for relocation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She states her support system is there, basically just her siblings. However her siblings all pretty much have records ranging from DWI, Resisiting Arrest, Battery, Driving on Suspended license, and minor traffic violations. She has not lived there since she was 14.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was originally at her two aunts house in TN, before then moving to Idaho after the standing court order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But of course they all work and therefore our child cannot be home with family like she has before with the paternal grandparents in GA.Additionally the job prospects are not better than the Atlanta area.
Thank you for the information. Your question: Will the GAL see this as not in the best interest of the child? Response 1: Yes, since the child was taken away from you and paternal grandparents who were providing quality care to the child to a place where the child is getting no quality time with family members. So, it is not in the best interest of the child with the relocation. Can she make recommendations or motions to bring the child back to the state of GA to the judge? Response 2: She can, or you as the affected parent can make the Motion and site your reasons just like you did in your posts here. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mother got affidavits from people the day she left, will this not look suspicious to the judge?
I really do not know. It would depend on the contents of the affidavit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just says that she is a good mother from people that she has known a few months
I really cannot speculate here. It would ultimately depend on how the Judge reacts to them. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.