Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am the grandmother to two grandsons. My daughter divorced

Customer Question

I am the grandmother to two grandsons. My daughter divorced their father 4 years ago.
She is a school teacher not much money but her once husband and father of the two boys has a construction type business they both worked to build. When the split came he gave her rock bottom settlement and got joint custody with her. She didn't fight him because she did not have money to do anything. They stay one week with her and one week with him. The boys have always been good at baseball and is living his wish I could have been this good thru driving these boys so hard it is seldom they can even get to see family. They play somewhere year round. He tells them there mother don't care if they make it or not. He has put her down in everyway he can. He has sent her text that is unbelievable. The abuse he has put her and the boys thru is horrible. But the boys are called failure if they don't play a game. I could go on but this gives you the jest of it. Do you think there is someway this man can be stopped. He uses any and everything to brain wash the boys that if they don't do what he says they are losers. They can't even come to Texas when the whole family plans a get togather. They live in Louisiana. What steps to take?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
The only way to change things would be for the mother to file a petition to modify the current custody and visitation order and ask the judge to grant her more time with her because of the abuse and time all of the traveling for ball causes her to miss seeing her children.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Also, if it can be shown that the father is mentally or physically abusive, that could be helpful in trying to gain custody or even more visitation time with the child.