Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

L owe child support and my drivers licence is suspended , what

Customer Question

l owe child support and my drivers licence is suspended , what are my options to get my licence back . l have been unemployed and just got a job three months ago and now the job require that l use company vehicle during work. l do not want lose this job.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Unfortunately, you would need the court to send notice to the Secretary of State that you are complying with the support order. Unless the court agrees to the release of your license, you are not going to legally be able to get your license reinstated and the state of IL takes an extremely hardline on people who are behind on support and only the court can grant you relief for the significant financial hardship you are experiencing.