Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.

If I signed a mediation agreement and thought I was doing the

Customer Question

If I signed a mediation agreement and thought I was doing the right thing but the next day I wish I would have not can I legally get out of this agreement for the reason feeling unsure of my decision and not thinking more about it before signing my signature?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes I already have a lawyer
JA: What advice did they give you? Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: I signed a mediation agreement and the next day I feel maybe I should of thought more about my situation before signing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not right now this is just bothering me right now Cuz I think I am not sure now about my decisions I had made
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Unless the agreement itself includes some sort of "cooling off" period, there is unfortunately no automatic legal right to change your mind. The agreement is binding unless the other party has also changed their mind, they'll agree to let you out of it, or you can prove that they coerced you into signing - such as by blocking your path out of the room until you did, or by threatening you or your family. Those are the grounds for voiding an otherwise binding agreement.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you need any more help with this?