Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have been married years and we have 3 kids together

Customer Question

I have been married for 9 years and we have 3 kids together (9,6,1). My husband has 4 degrees, 2 of them are bachelor and however for the past 11 months he has been unemployed. He doesn't help around the house, he doesn't cook, he does take the kids to school and pick them up. He will then sleep until 3 pm. I work 3-4, 12 hrs shifts ( nights) to provide a decent living and bring food to he table for my kids. I am a RN for over 12 years. My questions 1) If we do get a divorced, am I going to need to pay him spouse support since he is capable of finding work but he has been unemployed for 11 months?
2) Will I loose custody of my kids, since HE is the one who spend more time with them while I am working to provide to my family?
3) How can I kick him out of my house?? If I call 911 can them place a restraint order right now? Or should I wait to go to cout later today to file for one?
4) i have prove that he is verbally abusive with my kids. My 9 years old is a cancer survivor for 4 years now. I changed alot of things, including the way we eat. So when I am at work, he feeds my kids junk food ( nuggets, pizza, corndog) while I had cooked a healthy meal for them to eat. BUT bc they take LONGER to eat healthier, my husband just go ahead and feed them junk, so he can be done with them, place them on bef and have his free time.
*** As soon as I leave to go to work at 6:00pm, he will place the baby for a 2-3 hours nap, and he goes take a nap himself leaving the 9 yrars old and 6 years old by themself.
*** We have not slept in the same bedroom for years, and he finds any exucuse to talk/ communicate with me about our sexual life, our couple life that we have none.
*** I have been going to therapy due to my anxiety, depression and PTSD ( since my daughter had bone cancer at such young age). The therapist had asked him to join me in treatment to see if we can work out our marriage since it is a makor stress in my life. But he had denied to go witth me.
**** Before We got married, I was debt free!! Since I had been with him, we had filed for bankruptcy because himself alone owned more than $50.000 in credit card debt.
PLEASE HELP.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry for your troubles. He may be entitled to some spousal support but you can negotiate that in your divorce settlement that he is to actually seek employment. It is hard to say who would be awarded custody especially since your job is so demanding but there is a strong bias in the courts towards awarding mothers custody especially since your children are so young.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why would he have the right for spouse support? Just bc I am the one working?
basically. He will try to classify himself as the home maker in the marriage.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
me as being a nurse, I work as pier diem. I can stop working anytime I desire too. Plus, I can claim BS such as severe anxiety, PTSD due to my lack of not working anymore. I would do anything to not support a lazy ass
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Even if I have prove that he is verbally abusive with my kids? There was no reason for him not to work in the past 11 months!! Just pure lazyness.
I totally understand your position which is why any support he might get would be temporary.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He also just got a job offer, and he will start working on june 6th, should I wait awhile to file for a divorce then?
The verbal abuse would be used against him on the custody issue.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How can him be classified as a homemaker if he doesn't cook, clean or provide a decent environment for my kids?
if you can tolerate waiting a bit it might be strategically helpful but not necessary since a divorce can take several months.
I don't agree with it but that will be his argument.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
pretty much I am screw?
No not screwed but you will need a strong aggressive attorney to help you.
Any additional questions? If not a positive rating is appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Who/what lawyer should I seek in Orlando fl
We are not allowed to refer but if you contact the Orlando or Florida Bar Association you can ask gor a referral. They keep updated lists of top attorneys.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He is leaving the house right now saying that I would be aggressive that i need a professional help for him to disclose why he doesn't have sex with me , sleep in separate bedrooms, i got everything on tape. I am as calm as I can be, he is just preparing me for failure
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can we talk over the phone
i sent an offer. There are additional charges.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't click
I resubmitted it
It seems your credit card is not going through.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He left, i had tape it all
Ok good. That is evidence going forward.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He said i am emotionally unstable, that he could only give the answer on why we haven't slept together for years with a counselor present bc i might act out! I had been calm during my whole recording! He said it is always about " me@, that I could also leave the house instead of him and HE would find a way to pay for!! Even though he is unemployed!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What do you mean this is evidence?
In case he lies about things later you have a recording.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will not pay no man spouse supposed specially one who has 2 bachelor degree and was finding every excuse not to work. My 6 years old boy can tell it all. He says that mommy does everything, moomy works all night and even after workushe comes back home and clean the house and cook. He says that "daddy" wakes up sits his butt on the sofa, watch some football and then go back to take a nap leaving us by ourselves.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have years of medical documentation of social anxiety.... I swear, I will find any reason not to work so I don't need to pay no lazy man.
Once you identify a good attorney they should help protect your interests. You can get custody and also ask for child support.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
😕
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He left... I have tried for years to work things out. He never even wanted have the last kid the 21 months, we haven't had sex for the past 6 months. I work over time to pay for a $2000 rent, energy, phone, car, everything while he sleeps until 3 pm. He doesn't even has the kids doctors number on his cell phone not even my 9 years old oncologist...
I think you are going to be just fine based on all you ard telling me. A judge is not going to reward him with bad conduct. Just need to find a good attorney.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What credentials should I look for?
Experience representing mothers and actual trial experience.
I am logging out. Good luck to you and your family. A positive rating is appreciated.
If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating is appreciated.