Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

In MD, CPS has talked to my child at school without my consent,

Customer Question

in MD, CPS has talked to my child at school without my consent, I have researched and discovered that I can write a document and place it on file in my school that they are not permitted to talk to my child without me present. I would like to know if this is accurate for MD harford county and if there is a specific format for creating this document and submitting it to the school.
Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
It is not accurate. There is no law at this time that prevents CPS from interviewing your child at the school without your permission. If you write such document, the CPS will not comply with it. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.