RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I have been served an AMENDED Summons of Child

Customer Question

I have been served an AMENDED Summons for Modification of Child Support (state of Washington). There are seven (7) items listed of which need to address. Briefly:
1. An action has been started against you....
2. You must respond and complete WA child support schedule worksheet and fin. declaration...
3. Your written response must be on the RSP form...
4. if you do not file w/in 20ays court may enter a default.....
5. You may demand that the other party file this action with court. if you do so, the demand must be in writing and must be served upon the person signing this summons. Within 14 days after you serve the demand, the other party must file this action with the court, or the service of this summons and petition will be void.
6. if you wish to seek and attorney.....
7. method of written response is via cert. mail.....
Question: I'm interested in 5. I''d like demand that the other party file this action with court
No. 5. is what I'm interested in doing. I'm not sure how to do this. I need advice. AND, If I do, do I need to complete item 2. and 3. above? Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You can do this in writing here and submit your worksheet and financial declaration.They will serve you with their suit and then you need to file answer and respond.Knowing you need to do the #2 items the worksheet and financial declaration you do so now and then you will have it to attach to your answer as well, make sure you make copies.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have to write a trial memo, at this point? Until, they serve me the suit. right?
Thats right.Really this is just an offer to sit down with your financials and see what can be worked out.You don't have to agree here you can wait and be served.You would not need to do anything until then. Thanks again and I wish you the best here.