Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

I have been giving my daughter mom money to take care of her

Customer Question

I have been giving my daughter mom money to take care of her with out a court order. 3 yrs ago she said if I don't give her 5000.00 she will take me to court n everything I paid would not count. So I did now she is threatening me with the same thing
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. Here's the thing - you can either live under the umbrella of constantly fearing that she will take you to court and everything you paid "would not count" - or you can deal with it head on. It would be helpful if you can get some type of evidence (email, text, etc.) where she essentially threatens to blackmail you. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so.

Hello again. I wanted to check in with you to see if you have any questions, and to see how everything is going with you.

Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so.