JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

Are the child custody laws more favorable

Customer Question

Are the child custody for Mom laws more favorable for a mother and 2 children (residents of Hawaii for 5 yrs) in HI or in CA?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Unfortunately, the laws in HI and in CA are about the same, neither is more favorable than the other. What makes a bigger difference is the judge, since some of them are more favorable toward mothers and some aren't. If you want to find out about that then you should visit with a local attorney that does family law in each place and see what they say about the local judge.