Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

Child support order established in 2002. years NCP did

Customer Question

Child support order established in 2002. For 10 years NCP did not pay. In approx 2010 I filed for modification. Judged ordered for NCP to claim child every 3rd year. My CPA and child support case manager have informed me that I do not have to allow this until arrears are paid in full. I am confused and would like to file motion for clarification but don't know how. Please advise? Thanks.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there ---If the judge made that order at a time when there were already arrears outstanding, then you are right in wanting to seek a clarification. To do this, you go to the original family court clerk's office and ask them for the form paperwork to modify or clarify a child support order. If there is nothing to specifically "clarify" an order then you should use the modification paperwork. In the paperwork you simply need to ask the judge to let you claim the child every year until the arrears are taken care of and I think you will have success in the matter and get the order that you seek so there is no problems. -Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle, or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above. THANK YOU VERY MUCH-MARY
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there ---If you have no further questions, can you please press a positive rating so I will be paid for my time for assisting you with these questions? I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating above in the ratings section (pressing the middle star, or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star are all positive ratings). Pressing a positive rating will not cost you any additional money -- it is just the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!-MARY