How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 18081
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a very important question. I am divorced from my

Customer Question

Hi, I have a very important question. I am divorced from my ex husband and legally as of 1/26/16. He is a very mean, verbally/physically/mentally abusive person. Well long story short, he refuses to communicate on a adult/civil level regarding our 2 children. We have a 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son. I took my daughter to the Rothman Institute, it is a orthopedic place. The doctor re-examine her and determined that she was not eligible to return to sports/gym for another four weeks and was to undergo PT for 4 to 6 weeks at 2 to 3 times per week. She is to return in four weeks to see a specialist. My ex is obsessed with sports. He has her on a travel softball team. I advised him of the doctors orders and provided him documentation as well with no response. I also contacted the head coach with the same and documentation as well. They both coach the team and both received the documentation and "seen" it and failed to respond to me. Come to find out my daughter was put into the softball game against doctors orders and the Knee she is having problems with was involved in a little accident at 3d base where she was placed and hurt her leg. She is down playing this blaming this on herself. How do I go about this and holding her father/coach responsible for disregarding Drs orders. I have attached documents for viewing. Thank you
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.
You need to file complaint against the coach with the school's sports director and if need be to the school's Principal. For the father, you may consider filing Complaint for Modification of Custody and asking the Court to give you sole legal custody so that you would be the ONLY parent that makes decisions regarding the children. If granted, the school must listen only to your directives and not to your ex-husband's. This way, he would no longer have the opportunity to undermine your directives to the school and the sports team. You would notify the school about the Court Order. You may give them a copy of the Order if need be to ensure that there is no future misunderstanding. You can obtain the forms to file for modification at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.