Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My wife left the house willingly I have three kids do I have

Customer Question

My wife left the house willingly I have three kids do I have to pay her child support ? ....or if I get joint custody do I have to pat her child support
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
If the mother is awarded custody of the children, then you'd likely be ordered to pay child support in some amount unless you and your spouse make exactly the same money and have the children exactly the same amount of time.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
But, the judge can adjust your payment amount based on the time you are with the children.....which can greatly reduce your monthly obligation.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Also, if you were to get custody of the children, she'd have to pay you support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much would I have to pay a lawyer to help me get joint custody of the kids
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Generally, legal fees are contingent upon how much the parties want to fight. That said, the average custody proceeding runs between $3000 - $5000.