Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am not sure how to explain this. My father has a

Customer Question

I am not sure how to explain this. My father has a trust and a life estate. He was declared incompetent and the current guardian of everything bought the life estate from the life tenant (my dad) and threw my dad in a nursing home. Now I am concerned that this evil guardian will sell all of the things in my dad's home because of "money" needed to pay for the nursing home. Dad also has a long term care policy which has kicked in and it is paying $2000 per month toward said nursing home bill. TWO QUESTIONS: What do I file STAT to put a hold on selling any of his personal belongings that go to various people in his will and what do I file to contest the selling of the life estate while he was still alive?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Does father's estate need the money from the sale of the assets to pay for his care?.Or is father's income enough to pay for any care without selling assets?.Does father have any other assets than the personal property in the home that could be sold to generate money to pay for his care?.Does the guardian have financial control over father's estate as well as his care?.Was father unable to care for himself or be cared for in his home?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No other personal property. Could live with me for free. With his life estate sold he is now homeless. I just want to file something so his personal things will go to his grandchildren as in his will. I don't trust evil guardian of everything.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Again, what to file stat to stop sale of personal belongings (if they do this and probably they will) and what to file to contest sale of his life estate so I can get him back home?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I HAVE TO GO. PLEASE DO NOT CHARGE ME A RED CENT.
I am sorry that this is not an instant communication and I can't spit out an answer like a computer.....If you need assistance navigating the system, requesting a refund, or in understanding how this site operates, the Customer Support team is available to help you 24/7. Email***@******.*** In the US or Canada 1-***-***-**** Available 6am to 9pm PST or use this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. NOW!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK! NOW! YOU NEVER ANSWERED. WHY CHARGE ME WHEN YOU DID NOT ANSWER!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
YOU NEVER ANSWERED GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!