How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2981
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am very concerned about my children's well being. I have

Customer Question

I am very concerned about my children's well being. I have proff that she has been an acholic for over teen years. She has always had anger and violence issue such as damestic violence. I was told by my children that there was a physical altercation in the household while they were present with the current boyfriend. The next day she went to a club on mothers day of all days and was drinking and had a very serious altraction will the current boy friend. They were both hospitalized all though the boyfriend is the only one that went to jail I have proff that she was the aggressor. Please give me advice on whether or not I have a legitimate cass and what actions I should take first. Her hole family is freaking out and is willing to do anything that would help get me sole custudy of my children. Please help for I am very concerned.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am trying to contact a lawyer as we speak.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Their is also a no contact oder between her and her boyfriend and they have been contacting each other and are talking about getting back together. Witch they will. This guy is also living with my children.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If you have proof of abuse, physical altercations and alcohol abuse and there is an imminent threat of danger to your children then you can file for a temporary order for emergency custody. Normally these are filed if there is something such as an arrest, DHS investigation or a hospitalization in a mental institution or some big event that you can point the court to in order to ask for this emergency order. If you would simply need to show that the children were in imminent danger. I would retain an attorney ASAP and get his/her advice regarding if you have enough evidence to file for an order such as this. At some point later, the Judge could then make this order permanent. If you do not want to go the emergency route, you could also file this under the same court that granted original custody and state that there is a material change in circumstance and ask for a change in custody. You could then show that it is in the best interests of the child to give you custody. This material change could be the boyfriend or the alcohol abuse. I would not do this without an attorney and would probably go the emergency route. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or number from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.

Related Family Law Questions