How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116143
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am just trying to win a little bit more knowledge on the

Customer Question

I am just trying to win a little bit more knowledge on the custody conciliation I am due to be at mine on Wednesday
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I did but the first intial hearing was rushed that I got to meet with her once the day before court
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not really, I just wanted to know what to expect and I was told that I don't need a lawyer for this step
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention that I live in Lancaster County and the custody case is in Juniata County
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The conciliation hearing does not require an attorney, but it is wise to have one. The conciliation officer is an attorney who hears from both parents and listens to their issues. The officer tries to get the parties to agree on some reasonable custody arrangement based on the issues the two parents present to them. If the parents do not agree then the conciliation officer comes up with what they believe would be best for the child. This is why you need to make the conciliation officer like you, because their personal bias or whether or not they like one parent comes into play in reaching a decision. The officer submits their proposed plan based on what they feel best to the court who would review it and decide if it is a valid plan and any party objecting to it can voice their objections in the court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer. My situation is tricky and confusing
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Did you have additional information you would like us to know (please use REPLY and ask), since most times what a pro se party thinks is confusing and tricky is something that we have seen many times and really is not. Most pro se parties who have not been through legal cases think their cases are unique and complicated, but they truly are not to someone who has dealt with this cases frequently.
Also, please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of this site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless customers leave positive feedback. Thank you for your understanding.

Related Family Law Questions