ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

Can I stop my annulment in California once paper work has been

Customer Question

can I stop my annulment in California once paper work has been filed?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Yes. An annulment needs to be granted by the judge, so at any time prior to the judge granting the annulment you can seek to have it stopped. This would be through a motion to dismiss (although if it has not been presented to the judge and the judge requires a hearing, simply not showing up to the hearing could result in a dismissal). Merely filing it has no finality to it. I would suggest contacting the court and asking about getting it dismissed (unless the other party has filed a response to the matter, in which you would need consent from the other party as well to get it dismissed). Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?