Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have filed from my husband recently, and he is

Customer Question

I have filed for divorce from my husband recently, and he is going out on a rampage trying to humiliate me and ruin my boyfriend's life. He follows me everywhere, confronts my boyfriend AND his family, and texts me threatening messages. Is there a way to make him stop. legally?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I consulted about divorce before husband saw my phone records and freaked out.
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I live in NH. have a solid case of emotional and mental abuse for 24 years. 2 minor children, 1 adult child.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry to hear of your situation which is all too common in emotional divorce situations. You really need to obtain a Protective Order for both you and your boyfriend. This will order your estranged husband to not contact you or be within certain distance of you and if he violates it he will be arrested. Obtaining them are free and pretty user friendly, this is something you can do yourself. Does that help? Anymore questions?