LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I have a friend who just got served with child support papers.

Customer Question

I have a friend who just got served with child support papers. He has 20 days to go to court with a letter that states if he is working or if he owes anything like cars or house. But the thing is that he is illegal and does not work. So what could happen.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No and we are in florida
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: He has tried to send money in a money order form and mother has sent it back. She lives in California and he lives in Florida. Also she is illegal also
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your friend's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. The court does not care whether your friend is in the country legally or not. That is not an issue. If you friend has no job, no income and no assets, then he needs to provide that information in response to the court. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He afraid that he can get deported if he can't pay the child support can that happen.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also does he have to go to California to take care of this child support order
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.
Hi, You wrote: He afraid that he can get deported if he can't pay the child support can that happen. No, that will not happen. Also does he have to go to California to take care of this child support order He can file his response from FL by mail, but the hearing will be in CA and he would be better off to be there for the hearing or to hire a CA attorney to represent him. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is the second time that she takes him to court and then when it's time to go to court she don't show up.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.
Good evening, That is unfortunate, but it has nothing to do with whether she is allowed to take him back to court for support. She is allowed to do this. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I read the letter she is going for public assents and so they are coming after him for child support. Does the letter have to be typed or can it be handwtitten ?
Also does he have to send in any of his bills or just the letter stating what he pays?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.
Good evening, It would be better if it is typewritten, but the letter legally may be hand written if it is legible. He can simply state what he pays, but I think it would be a good idea for him to submit copies of his bills as proof of what he must pay. Please rate my service so I can be paid for having helped you.Doug
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.Thanks in advance.I wish you the best,Doug