LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I am filing an fl-300 in venture county courts requesting termination

Customer Question

I am filing an fl-300 in venture county courts requesting termination of spousal support due to change of circumstances. I have written a narrative that I need to attach. Do I use form MC-31 to write this narrative? It is 6 pages so far...
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am representing myself.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: This is second time I am doing tis. Last year I had a lawyer... this year I had no money :-(
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. The FL-300 requires that you file a Declaration along with the motion. You will use form F:L-310 for the declaration.http://www.familylawsecrets.com/forms/04.pdf If you are marking box 10 on form FL-310 as "Facts in Support contained in attached Declaration---then yes, you may use MC-31 for that purpose. Just a suggestion, but you really need to pare down the Declaration a bit. At 6 pages there is a good chance that the judge will not even read it all. Save some of your lesser points for oral argument at the hearing and list the major considerations in your Declaration. Try to keep the declaration to just 2 or 3 pages. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug