Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Lawyer (sorry I o not know your name) I married about

Customer Question

Hi lawyer (sorry I o not know your name)
I married about 2 years ago. My husband, he has a company in Louisiana, at the wedding date, he gave me one paper, it has about a few lines on it to sign. I love and trust him, and very busy at the time, I did not even read, I signed on it. I remember it was blank, no other signatures.
Now, about two week ago, I found out my husband got other 4 pages and the last page, now has his daughter, his son, himself signatures and a notary on it and the date is the married date filed in the Louisiana Court House.
It is briefly talking about all his company, all his properties, everything under his name are belong to him, all profits before and after are belong to him, I will not receive anything from him and his company in the past and in the future. But after married the corporation were in deft. After found out the truth, he signed a paper without notary to me that he did give me the last page to sign on that date without any other signatures. The company starts making profits now, special it got a very good deal in 2017 and 2018.
Could you please tell me how could I do to clear the document to be truth, how could I do to make that all the things under his name and my name AFTER MARRIED to be legally turn belong to both of us? (he does not agree to fix the prenup document).
Thank you very much, ***@******.***
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. This document you signed on your wedding day is clearly not going to be enforceable. This was an attempt at doing a prenuptial agreement, but to be enforceable, you have must been provided with FULL disclosure of all your husband's assets, you can not have had to sign this under duress or coercion, and you can not be fraudulently induced to sign. All of these elements were present in your husband's actions and any attempt to enforce this agreement are not only going to be unenforceable, you would likely be entitled to both actual and punitive damages against your husband for making you sign a sheet of paper and then fraudulently later trying to insert pages you had never seen. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!