Bill Fix
Bill Fix, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Fix Law, PLLC
93921581

My ex has full custody how ever we have a parenting plan and

Customer Question

My ex has full custody how ever we have a parenting plan and i get our son every three weeks for one week and any changes made have to be agreed on by both parties. Last month he agreed to let me keep our son for an extra week so he could be with us for his brothers first birthday. This saturday the 14th would be three weeks sense ive had him and my ex is telling me that he decided he wants his week back, i did not agree to this and he's saying that I don't get logan back until the 25th and that I have to meet him in salem which is 2 hours further then where our court ordered meeting place is. Even if i did agree to let him have his week back it would be the 21st that we would have to meet. I know i need to file a violation of court order but i can't find what i need.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 7 months ago.
Ideally, this is a situation that you guys could work out without going back to court. But that would take cooperation on both sides. If he agreed to give you an extra week, perhaps you can work with him on the exchange location or something else. But if he did not ask for a week back when you made the agreement, then he really shouldn't be entitled to it right now...You may be able to file a contempt charge if he is violating the order. Most child custody clients would hire an attorney to draft this for them, but if you don't have an attorney, maybe you can pick up a form from the court or your local legal aid office. Even if you can't find the form, your filing should include the pertinent details of the court order and specific instances with as much detail as possible for when he has violated the order.
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 7 months ago.
Your best options are to either speak with an attorney familiar with all the local rules and statutes where you are and possibly hire an attorney (either for full representation, or just to prepare a filing for the contempt), or see if you can find some resources at the courthouse or legal aid. Many courts will make such forms available, but they may not have a form specific to what you need (simply because there are a million different possible filings for various types of cases, and they can't make forms available for them all).
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 7 months ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.