Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

A friend of mine just got married April 2nd She owns a

Customer Question

A friend of mine just got married April 2nd She owns a cocktail lounge. She is in violation because the guy she married has a record. She has to go before a board in 6 weeks How long would it take her to divorce him she kept her last name and they have an agreement what is his is his and hers is hers
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
In Louisiana, parties MUST live separate and apart for 180 days before they can file for divorce. So, your friend will not be able to file for divorce at this time, unfortunately. See Louisiana Civil Code - Articles 103 and 103.1 and Louisiana Revised Statutes - RS 9:307 Click on the link below for more information: http://louisianalawhelp.org/resource/getting-a-divorce-in-louisiana-video-and-text?ref=aPeBD Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.