LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

I just want to know my options I am not divorcing yet. My

Customer Question

I just want to know my options I am not divorcing yet. My husband is spending more money than we have he says that we don't need to pay off the 9 credit cards and that we have still three months before they do something about not paying the mortgage,
If don't have the money to pay the credit cards and he won't pay the mortgage I will leave him divorced or not what are my options
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon Katarine,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. The only way to stop your husband's spending spree will be to file for an immediate divorce which will result in an automatic order preventing him from spending money on anything other than daily living expenses. He will be prohibited from selling any marital assets or from taking out any loans. As a spouse that is the only legal avenue you have for a spouse who is spending money that the two of you don't have. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug