Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I am taking care of my father who was recently hurt by what

Customer Question

I am taking care of my father who was recently hurt by what I believe is about prices mistake but I don't know yet what did your experts hasn't answered I have a brother nearby I am on disability myself is there anyway I can make him pay for some of the bills that we cannot afford now that Dad has brain damage there is a lot that has to be paid for and I don't have the money or the facility is there anyway I can make him responsible to at least help out somewhat we live in pa
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
In a 1994 ruling in Savoy v. Savoy, a Pennsylvania court ruled that a son must pay monthly installments to his elderly mother’s health-care provider based on the state’s 1937 support law. The PA statute states, in part, “all of the following individuals have the responsibility to care for and maintain or financially assist an indigent person, regardless of whether the indigent person is a public charge: (i) the spouse of an indigent person, (ii) A child of the indigent person; and (iii) a parent of the indigent person.” So the answer to your question is "yes".