Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I opened up a credit card using my ex-husband's personal information.

Customer Question

I opened up a credit card using my ex-husband's personal information. He is pressing criminal charges. The detective handling the case, who didn't have quite ALL the info. he needed, still went ahead and turned it over to the county attorney. I have extenuating circumstances that I believe will affect my case. I've been divorced 17 years from my ex and we've always maintained a decent relationship with just a few bumps in the road. Despite my daughter's attempts and mine to get him to drop the charges, he refuses. His live-in girlfriend we believe is having a huge say in this. I believe her to be mentally ill, possibly narcissistic. She's extremely controlling, possessive and jealous. My ex has changed. He's not the same person, as my daughter said the same. This has been ever since this girl came into his life. I have NEVER done anything to her. The times she's texted, she is extremely angry, uses profanity, calls me names, a loser, pathetic, etc. Both of them is using scare tactics and it's working. I am afraid. They are using emotional blackmail. Bot***** *****ne i think is instead of my ex filing charges and then letting the law handle it from there, he and his live-in girlfriend are going outside the law and trying to make it so I'm punished or that I suffer more. I believe he is abusing the legal system by setting up this little plan they have to try and prove that I am mental/crazy, which isn't part of this case at all. He admitted its not about the money. He refused to let me pay it back, after 17 years, and just NOW he's being vindictive. His girlfriend is projecting her own mental illness making it sound like I'm mental. My ex told a lie and then said it was just a metaphor for me being mentally ill. They both want me to go to prison. She actually seems to be taking pleasure in doing this to me. There is no reason whatsoever that I can figure out as to why they are making this so personal when it doesn't even matter about the money. I've studied mental illnesses, particularly narcissistic abuse syndrome, sociopaths and psychopaths, borderline personality disorders. I was a victim 11 years of a narcissistic abusive man. I believe the girlfriend to be have narcissistic abuse syndrome by her actions. I'm doing research to see if what they are doing is a crime and I need to know SOON. I could go on and on about things she and my ex have done. In the last text, it was so awful, frightening, defamation of my character. They said I was a horrible mother, and that is what KILLED me and my ex knows this. I believe he has been brainwashed his ex. I think he is a codependent. Can you help?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. This service is designed to provide answers to questions...but we can not represent you.Do you have a question regarding this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you need from me? My question/situation I sent to you was lengthy, which was to help you better understand what is going on. That's why I included details.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. I am afraid that if you did open the credit card using his information, that was a violation of the criminal statutes. I do not see anything in what you said above though that is an extenuating circumstance to committing a crime. How is he "going outside of the law" when he did what he was supposed to do in reporting it to law enforcement? How is he abusing the system when he reported the crime as he was supposed to do?Please understand we ask customers questions because while they understand their situations quite well, we are trying to get a better understanding from the customer so we can answer the actual questions they may have.You asked "Can you help?" but you do not say what information you would like from us about this matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not charge my credit card, as I did not receive any information at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean no advice whatsoever
We wish you all of the best with your situation. You did not receive information because you did not provide the additional information we needed.
If you would like a refund please contact customer service, as the experts are not employees of this site and have no way to issue such a refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But when I began, it said it was a free 7 day trial
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I would not be charged $59 if I was not satisfied with the answer
The experts not being employees of this site have no knowledge of anything you agreed upon with the site. Please contact customer service as we cannot assist you here. You can contact customer service at***@******.***