Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

Jacques dore went to his house, it is a mobile home it is in

Customer Question

jacques dore went to his house, it is a mobile home it is in the name of the trust of katherine dore it has been the marital residence for 28 years, jacques was in hospital his wife had abandoned home, jacques had electric and lot rent paid in his name, upon his return he noticed that all his furniture was gone that was there last week, the neighbor then put a notice on the door that he should pay the neighbor george for moving his furniture or else, then the neighbor shut the power off at the breaker while jacques was in the house, a police officer was called but wouldnt take a complaint on stolen posessions, jacques was given no notice of eviction or any other thing he is handicaped and now has an empty house even the ac remote was taken and he has a heart condition what can he do to get the neighbor to quickly return his possessions and leave his home alone while he is in the hospital george claims to have bought the mobile home from jacques sister in law who has gotten poa over jacques wife
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
If the police would not take the police report, what is your question for us, since your next step is filing a civil lawsuit against the sister in law?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No i would like to talk. To some one else
Expert:  Steven K. replied 6 months ago.
In what state is this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Texas
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
If the neighbor's behavior makes you afraid of bodily injury or death, you may qualify for a stalking protective order, which would keep the neighbor from coming to your house or harassing you. Stalking is defined as when on more than one occasion, and as part of a course of conduct that is directed specifically at you, all of the following are met:the stalker acts in a way that the stalker knows/believes that you will regard as threateningyou, your boyfriend/girlfriend, or a member of your family or household with bodily injury, death or that an offense will be committed against your property or pet;the stalker's behavior actually causes you, your boyfriend/girlfriend, or a member of your family or household to be placed in fear of bodily injury or death or fear that an offense will be committed against your property or pet; andthe actions must cause a "reasonable person" to fear these things as well.* (In other words, the fear must be a "reasonable" reaction to the stalker's conduct.)* Tex. Penal Code § 42.072(a),(d)If you think this applies in your situation, you may be able to get a protective order against your neighbor. To get your items back, you could sue him in small claims court. Unfortunately, this is not a quick procedure. You may try calling the supervisor at the police department and complain that your items were stolen and that the police refused to even take a report. The fastest thing would, of course, be police intervention if you can get them to cooperate.You probably want to find out who the true owner of the mobile home is at this point. Do you have communication with the sister-in-law?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The mobile home has been in the name of the "trust of Katherine Dore" for 15 years, because jc anderson was the trustee for the mobile home i am the executor of his will that makes me sucessor trustee. the mobile home title has not changed jacques dore is her husband and has been living there for 28 years doesn't that give him a marital interest as the marital residence? What eviction proceeding is he entitled to? the neighbor simply stole all his stuff and called the electric company and had the power turned off.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The neighbor thinks he bought the mobile home from jacques wife sister donna who has a criminal history for fraud. However, no eviction proceeding was filed by the neighbor. George the neighbor also tried to grab jacques wife in the past.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it cant be that jacques has to sit homeless on the street when he has paid his lot rent and has not been evicted. thankyou for continuing the conversation for free.
This is a complex issue that cannot be resolved without litigation. Jacques would have to do a lawsuit for constructive eviction against the neighbor. He would also want to do a "quiet title" action to determine who the owner is now if the deed. Those actions would have to be combined to be most effective and it is not simple. If he is low income, he may want to see if his local legal aid office takes such cases.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is a mobile home I have called the texas housing department and the title has not been changed. His property taxes are paid up. Mobile home is chattel property.
Im very confused Jacques will come out of the nursing home and go to his home, he should be able to just go in since he was not legally evicted right? Hes handicap and the other guy is stronger.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
in texas can he actually take over the marital prmises without a divorc court action/
Is it not affixed to land that he owns?
It sounds like the neighbor is nothing more than a trespasser who is falsely claiming to own the home. Am I missing something here? I can't understand why the police won't get involved if that is the casee.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
His wifes sister "sold" the mobile home to the neighbor she is a criminal multiple fraud convictions. The neighbor has abused elderly ppl before. The lot is rented.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im hiring an attorney to set the police straight are u in texas
I am not. If you have no further questions for me, I'd appreciate if you'd rate my service so i may get credit for my work.. Thank you.