FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

My daughter is filing an injunction against her husband because

Customer Question

My daughter is filing an injunction against her husband because he threatened to kill her in a text message. She has other text messages a d videos to support this as well. What can she expect to happen. She is in fear of her safety as well as her two minor children that he sees ans keeps overnight.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 5 months ago.
She should go to the police and file a report as well as he could be arrested and charged for these threats and removed from the home. If she filed for the protective order to keep him away, there will be a temporary order in place and then she will need to appear and testify and present evidence to show the judge she is in fear for her life and those of the children and the order should be put in place permanently. She can show the text messages and video as well, to support her position. Moreover, the judge can award her custody of the children as well
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please let me know. Thanks!