LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

My second question is this i have put off getting married as

Customer Question

My second question is this i have put off getting married as my fiancee is worried that my ex will attempt to go after and again increase child support based on their income. They have children of their own so they dont wont to risk their financial support they were told of exs that have done so and were able to get tax refunds and bank accounts when you have an ex that continues to go after you for money. Is there any way to put there mind at ease? Is this true?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. What state presently has the child support order for your children?2. Are you employed outside the home?'3. Is your ex receiving welfare because of having the children and little or no income of their own?Doug
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wyoming currently has the order
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do work outside the home full time
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So does the custodial parent
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not certain though if title xix is received as we do have one child that is didabled
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry disabled
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I know the custodial parent is moving soon though as the landlord increased rent and they can no longer afford to stay in area as its yellowstone area mind you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon, A new spouse's income is never considered in child support calculations and under no circumstance would your spouses income ever be obligated for child support. In rare circumstances, generally where the custodial parent is near poverty, the court in WY will consider the fact that a newly married person may pay less in living expenses because of the share expenses in a marriage and that could lead to a slight modification of child support. But the new spouse's income is never liable to pay any child support and is not deemed income of the parent for child support calculations either. Quite simply, your fiancee really has no need to be concerned about from the WY court. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If they file to go after more support can they freeze bank accounts even if all support is current?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
You asked: Absolutely not! You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not at the moment thank you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
I understand. Would you please be so kind then as to rate my service to you so that I can be paid for having assisted you? If you have a later follow up question you can come back and ask it, even after I have been rated. Thanks in advance,Doug